The 8th Annual Conference
The Association of Behavioral Economics and Finance and the Graduate School of Keio University will be co-hosting the eighth Annual Conference according to the following schedule. We are accepting applications for entry applications and research presentations for the contributed (oral) session. The deadline for applications will be November 20, 2014. For the purpose of the further development of research in behavioral economics and the education and recognition of young researchers, we will be presenting the Association of Behavioral Economics and Finance Promotion Award. In addition, President Fumio Ohtake and Professor William N. Goetzmann from Yale University will give lecturer presentations.
*For this conference, a participation fee will be required from members as well as non-members. The fee for early applicants will be free, and there will be discounts for reception party participants and non-member participants, so we recommend early applications.
Also, since we will be co-hosting with the Graduate School of Keio University, the participation fee will be the same for faculty members, graduate students, and under-graduate students as for ABEF members.
The deadline for early registration for the reception party will be November 20. Please register from the link below.
*Please note that registering your contact information will not complete your registration.
- Conference Information:
- Date: December 6th (Sat.) to 7th (Sun.) (Sat & Sun), 2014
Place: Mita Campus, Keio University
2-15-45, Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo-to, 108-8345
Association of Behavioral Economics and Finance Seventh Annual Conference Poster
Conference Programme (Simplified Version) (Nov. 26)
Conference Programme (Detailed Version) (Dec. 22)
Association of Behavioral Economics and Finance Eighth Annual Conference Poster
*Please note that we will not hand out programs and preliminary reports at the venue.
- Venue information:
- When you arrive at Mita Campus, please come to the reception, which is located at the South Building, 6F, classroom 463.
The South Building is building number 6 on the campus map (http://www.keio.ac.jp/ja/access/mita.html) and there are two elevators on the side of the main gate by the east stairs on the B1 floor.
Also, there are four other elevators on the 1st floor, on the right side of the top of the stairs.
The sessions on the second day will be held both in the South Building and also in the North Building (building number 1 on the map).
- Programme Committee Members:
- -Chairperson: Katsunari Yamaguchi (Ibbotson Associates Japan)
Kotaro Inoue (Tokyo Insitute of Techonology)
Yasuo Kakuta (Aoyama Gakuin University)
Akiko Kamesaka (Aoyama Gakuin University)
Toshiji Kawagoe (Future University Hakodate)
Satoshi Kawanishi (Sophia University)
Taiki Takahashi (Hokkaido University)
Kan Takeuchi (Hitotsubashi University)
Masashi Toshino (Seikei University)
Norio Tomono (Meiji University)
Takahiro Hoshino (Tokyo University)
Akio Makabe (Shinshu University)
- Operation Committee Members:
- -Chairperson: Masao Ogaki (Keio University)Z
- Member: Satoshi Kawanishi (Sophia University)
- Conference Registration:
- -Registration fee: free for members with early registration; 3,000 yen for non-members with early registration
*1,000 yen for member walk-ins; 4,000 yen for non-member walk-ins
-You may pre-register online from the website by November 20, and non-members must pay for participation according to the instructions below. You may register at the registration desk on the day of the conference as well.
The registration fee for Keio University faculty members, graduate school students, and under-grad students will be the same as the memberfs participation fee, so please view this page (link).
We will give you your participation certificate (name tag) on the day of the conference at the reception.
Please wear your name tag at all times inside the venue.
- After the first day of the conference, we are hosting a reception. Please join us.
-Faculty Club, North Building, 1F, Mita Campus, Keio University
2-15-45 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo-to, 108-8345
Pre-registration through postal transfer - 4,000 yen for tenured workers
Postal transfer on the day of the conference - 5,000 yen for tenured workers
Pre-registration through postal transfer - 2,000 yen for students/non-tenured workers
Postal transfer on the day of the conference - 3,000 yen for students/non-tenured workers
Please register from here (link) Please pay the participation fee for the reception party by Nov. 20, through the postal transfer at a post office.
*Due date: Monday, November 20
*You may only pay on the day of the conference after the due date.
*There will be no refunds for cancelations. Thank you for your understanding.
Please make payments to:
Association of Behavioral Economics and Finance Reception Office
Account Number: 00170-9-394011
From other banks: Association of Behavioral Economics and Finance Reception Office
Store name:019, Checking account: 0394011
- Session Schedules:
- -Contributed Session (oral report session and poster session)
-Speech by President Ohtake (Osaka University)
-Guest speech by Professor William N. Goetsmann (Yale University)
-Educational Session for Researchers
-Educational Session for General Members
- Topics for the Contributed Session (Oral Presentation):
- Anything related to theory, proof, experiments, or application of behavioral economics and finance (human analysis in economics, finance, psychology, accounting, or politics).
- Applying for Sessions:
- *the application period has ended for contributed sessions
-application period: Sept. 1, 2014 - Sept. 30, 2014
- Presentation Formats:
- There are two types: gContributed session (oral presentation) with debatersh and gposter sessionsh. Applicants may choose to apply for gContributed session (oral session) onlyh, gposter session onlyh, or gboth sessionsh. However, even when you apply for both types of presentations, there is a possibility that only one of them gets selected as your presentation.
- Preliminary Lecture / Report:
- The preliminary report is a simplified version of the full report in order for the judges to understand the purpose, method, and results of the research. The preliminary report must be on A4 size paper, and up to 6 pages. The script turned in for the oral report session will be posted in the preliminary report booklet and will be available for the public. Once a paper is accepted for presentation, it cannot be withdrawn. Please view the Journal page for instructions on the format.
*After the conference, we will ask you to re-format the report according to the guidelines and post it for the Conference Proceedings of this conference on J-STAGE.
- Article for the Presentation (full article / paper):
- It should be a complete article for your contributed (oral) session. The oral presenter must submit their full paper to the debater, leader, and the help desk by November 21. Please be careful as those who do not follow this rule will be eliminated as candidates for the Honor Award. The reports are not going to be eliminated for publishing later on.
- Submission for Debaters:
- Please write your first and second choices of debaters for the contributed (oral) session. When submitting, please be sure to write the volunteerfs email address.
(The Program Committee will decide whether we will include debaters in the session. Please note that not all requests will be approved.)
- Decision Making for the Presentations:
- The results of research presentation selection will be available by the end of October.
- Association of Behavioral Economics and Finance Honour Award:
- Purpose: the development of the Association of Behavioral Economics and Finance and the education and recognition of young researchers
Target: general reporters under the age of 40 on December 6, 2014.
Selection: the members of the Honour Award Committee will judge.
- Supplementary Information:
- The amount of time for a presentation, debate, reply and Q&A will be 20 minutes, 10 minutes, 10 minutes respectively. For oral reports with debaters, the final script must be sent to the debater by November 10.
- The presentation application is limited to 1 presentation per person. However, if there is a group presentation, and if the same report will only be given once, the application of multiple presentations will be accepted.
- The oral report must have at least one author who is the member the Association. If you are not a member when you apply for the report, please register for ABEF. The debaters are not limited to members of the Association. We are looking forward to having many participants.